Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Chuck Harris Chuck Harris is offline

Default Bwahahahahahaha! Virginia isn't for "lovers" anymore

Jim Thompson wrote:

Oooops! You're right. I forgot the one where I out-dragged a '56
Ford with a '50 Nash, until I snagged a telephone pole about 10 feet
off the ground ;-)

(I'm not kidding.)

...Jim Thompson

I've driven in a '51 Nash, and with its stellar 83 HP "L" head inline 6 cylinder
engine, it could barely get out of its own way. Hard to believe that it could
out drag anything but perhaps a bicycle, let alone achieve air.

It was an interesting car, the engine idled so smoothly and quietly that
it was often mistaken for stalled... a fact quickly disproved by the grinding
of the starter bendix against the turning flywheel.