Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Bwahahahahahaha! Virginia isn't for "lovers" anymore

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 22:13:45 -0700, joseph2k
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 17:05:33 -0400, Chuck Harris
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

So please tell me again why you feel these idiots should be allowed
to drive any speed they please! This isn't a desert.

The only thing they missed in upping the fine is there should be
mandatory jail time to go along with the new fine.

-Chuck

I just can't grasp the intense weenie-ness of today's youth...

Let me see if I understand you (childish insults aside):

You believe it is reasonable for a person to drive at any speed they
want, anywhere they want, without any threat of punishment?

Would you feel the same if it was me and my dump truck, at 20 over,
on your street, while your grand son was boarding his bus?

This _desert_ "cretin" has no such problems... I drive a Q45 ;-)

It's not the car, it is the attitude: I am so important, and you
just don't matter.

(Anyone who lives near the Beltway deserves it ;-)

I'm a 45 minutes away, on a large estate in the heart of the
horsey country. But being a businessman, I have a fair number of
customers that are located somewhere around the beltway, so I do
have to travel it from time to time.

Your desire to drive recklessly, and that is what going 20 over is,
does not trump my desire to arrive alive.

-Chuck

There IS a difference between "reckless" and "fast".

I've NEVER caused an accident.

...Jim Thompson

Not that you are all that much older than me, but once as a child i caused a
collision / accident. Not that i find it totally unbelievable, but that i
find it unreasonably unlikely that in your youth that you were never
involved in a crash that you were not (at least partially) responsible for.

Oooops! You're right. I forgot the one where I out-dragged a '56
Ford with a '50 Nash, until I snagged a telephone pole about 10 feet
off the ground ;-)

(I'm not kidding.)

...Jim Thompson
--