Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default That nice MS corp - so caring about your data

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 13:12:37 -0700, the renowned Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 14:37:07 -0400, SP
wrote:

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 06:10:57 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

some instances.

A router firewall can't tell you which programs are doing what. That's
why most of us use both.

PS This program uses http prototcol to 131.107.115.28.
(crl.microsoft.com) It isn't going to be blocked by a typical
hardware firewall, because the firewall doesn't know the difference
between that and a user surfing on Firefox to some random website.

And since they crippled the search function in Explorer...

I do not use exploder. I use Mozilla and google, etc.

Explorer, not IE.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

And I suppose you can't kill that using the "hosts" file?

...Jim Thompson

Maybe it has Micros**t's IP address hard coded in it.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany