Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default That nice MS corp - so caring about your data

Stephen J. Rush wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 17:15:50 -0500, Spehro Pefhany wrote:

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 20:00:28 -0400, the renowned PeteS
wrote:

Found this in my aimless surfing.

Amusing, and yet another reason to avoid Vista like the plague

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Forge...ft-58752.shtml

Cheers

PeteS

It doesn't mention the indexing program (which goes through your
entire HDD). It attempts to contact Microsoft for who knows what
purpose.. And they've screwed around with Explorer search so you
practically need to use it.

I have two applications that haven't been ported to Linux, so I still have
a Windows XP partition on one of my boxes. Before booting into it, I
disable the wifi tranceiver. Anthing I need to download for use in
Windows gets downloaded with Linux. It's bad enough that you can't buy a
new (non-Apple) personal computer without Vista, but I can't believe that
people are actually paying to install this bloated pile of spyware and DRM.

System76. Nice people, their systems come loaded with Ubuntu, their
support staff (all one of him, as far as I can tell) are (is?)
responsive, and everything works.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services