Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Bwahahahahahaha! Virginia isn't for "lovers" anymore

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 22:35:27 -0700, Tim Wescott
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 09:00:02 -0700, "Joel Kolstad"
wrote:

[snip]
... straight arrow at 100MPH.... I'm not exactly
inexperienced... drive the autobahn regularly at 135MPH.

In fact we discussed why this hard-on about speed in America ;-)

I qualified for "driver school", so no fine, just $100 for the school.
Now, in Arizona, you can do "driver school" on the web :-)

I always drive at a speed that I feel is safe. This is usually slightly
in excess of the speed limit, sometimes slower, and sometimes _way_
higher. If you find me _really_ exceeding the speed limit it'll be when
there's no one in front of me, I'm alert, I can see for miles, and
there's no nearby schools.

My Pecos "event" was at the end of the month... quota time :-6

I haven't gotten a ticket in years; when I have been pulled over I've
been able to point out the visibility and emptiness, and have gotten off
with warnings.

Same here. That's why I qualified for "driver school".

Thinking about it, the only ticket I've ever gotten in the boonies was
when I got tracked by an airplane on I10 between Indio and Blythe...
~1984

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |