Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
[email protected] frithiof.jensen@jensen.tdcadsl.dk is offline

Default Bwahahahahahaha! Virginia isn't for "lovers" anymore

"Joerg" wrote in message
t...
Jim Thompson wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:09:31 -0400, default
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:25:17 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

That episode here about a year ago where I was "testing" a G35 was
truly "felony speed" (~100), but I was polite and the cop gave me a
ticket for 1MPH under felony (79).

A talked my way out of a 120 mph in a 55 zone . . . That is probably a
record of some sort.

You got me beat.

I did dodge a ticket for 100MPH in a 55MPH zone once... only because I
decelerated so fast the radar couldn't read my speed properly ;-)

And I did manage to earn a ticket on my bicycle. Construction zone in
Germany, 20km/h limit, in a hurry, threw it in 10th gear, passed several
cars, realized way too late that one of them had a blue hump on top of
it. A stern voice sounded via its speaker: "Steer to the curb and stop
NOW!". Got clocked at 35km/h and had to pay up right then and there. He
said they had a radar posted at the entrance of the roadworks and it was
radioed to them, and that he was sure I'd been way over 40km/h by the
time I passed him so I shouldn't complain. I didn't complain.

Ahh - The German Police: "Befehl ist Befehl", no matter is too trivial for
paperwork ;-).

If you pop a tire on the Autobahn and is seen they *will* book you for "driving
with an inadequate maintained vehicle" and "stopping on the autobahn" (and they
will also check if you got spare bulbs, first-aid kit, warning triangle and that
they are of the approved type)!