Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Lord Garth Lord Garth is offline

Default dual opamp recommendation...

"Chuck Harris" wrote in message
Lord Garth wrote:
"Chuck Harris" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anyone have a favorite, readily available, dual opamp with the

following characteristics:
1) single supply
2) output swings to either rail
3) input swings to gnd
4) 1458 pin out
5) low offset and drift

and most importantly,

6) well behaved (no latch up, spurious oscillations, ...)

Basically, I need a better 1458. Speed and slew rate are of
no real consequence.

I've been looking for one, and the selector guides just don't seem to
work very well.

Thanks!

-Chuck

I'm not sure of the pinout compatibility but these seem good per your

needs:
http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/1458

It looks like a good part, but it doesn't appear to be available
in the DIP-8 package.

Has Maxim improved in their in stock availability? I stopped using them
years ago because I could never find stock on their parts. It was always
60-90 days lead time.

That is the trouble I had with them Chuck. The Dallas Semi plant is very
near
to here but there is no over abundance locally.

As for the pinout problem, how about laying out a SOIC to 8 pin DIP board?