Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Cleaning Scanner Glass (Inside) hp3970

On Thu, 31 May 2007 09:44:25 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:
On Thu, 31 May 2007 12:33:05 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
On Wed, 30 May 2007 18:44:45 -0700, the renowned Jim Thompson

Anyone know how to dismantle and clean an hp3970?

I've developed a foggy looking coating on the _inside_ :-(

The manual says:

For instructions on cleaning the underside of the scanner glass, go to
www.hp.com/support, select your country or region, navigate to the
support page for your scanner, then click the link to view information
about cleaning the underside of the glass.

So they at least promise to supply the information, and a support
request might be honored.

All I find on the absolutely worthless hp site is instructions to
disconnect power before wiping the outer surface of the glass ;-)

You couldn't find this?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/p...&lang=en&cc=us

Did you try http://www.hp.com/support, like Speff suggested, or just
go to the bare www.hp.com?