Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default Cleaning Scanner Glass (Inside) hp3970

On Thu, 31 May 2007 10:10:37 -0700, the renowned Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Thu, 31 May 2007 13:06:08 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

On Thu, 31 May 2007 09:44:25 -0700, the renowned Jim Thompson
wrote:

[snip]

All I find on the absolutely worthless hp site is instructions to
disconnect power before wiping the outer surface of the glass ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Not surprising. They might still have some decent support people at HP
though unless they have laid them off and sent all the work to
Bangalore. Maybe they're afraid you'll cut yourself on the glass and
sue them.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

I will ;-)

...Jim Thompson

If they had only supplied proper instructions on how to perform the
task safely, as promised in their manual. By George, I think you have
a solid case, should you be so unfortunate as to injure yourself.