Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Tesla coil construction - WinderSecSpark.jpg (0/1)

John Larkin wrote:

On Sun, 27 May 2007 22:32:24 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

On Sat, 26 May 2007 21:08:06 -0700, JackShephard
wrote:

On Sat, 26 May 2007 17:13:42 -0700, Don Bowey wrote:

On 5/26/07 1:53 PM, in article ,
"JackShepherd" wrote:

On Sat, 26 May 2007 22:48:17 +0200, Fred Bartoli
r_AndThisToo wrote:

John Larkin a écrit :
On Sat, 26 May 2007 22:27:04 +0200, Fred Bartoli
r_AndThisToo wrote:

Hi John,
I tried to make sense of all the info present of the pictures to guess
what this could be but...
not much success.

What's that?

It's a sampling head from an Iwatsu 12 GHz sampling oscilloscope,
basically a 30 ps sample-and-hold. The little pill package all glopped
with solder is the SRD that generates the sampling impulse. The
sampler itself is most likely a dual schottky diode half-bridge.

Indeed, and suddenly all makes perfect sense. Why didn't I think of this?

I collect old sampling heads, among other weird things.

This should've given me a clue.

I'd post more
pics, of other heads, but Mr Shepherd might get upset.

I sure wouldn't mind that you upset him :-)

Would you mind if *I* expanded your depth of knowledge of Usenet binary
groups?

There are SEVERAL groups where this would be better posted.

alt.binaries.misc is one, but alt.binaries.pictures.misc is better.

Perhaps we should make a new group called
alt.binaries.pictures.electronic

Would that then give you dopes a better warm fuzzy feeling for me?
Not that I am seeking one, but jeez, dudes, you guys could sure use a bit
of help expanding your years old basic groups list.

Well, this makes at least two boards where you've shown your crappy
attitude.

You can go away any time now.

When were you EVER made the judge of who can and cannot post here... or
there, for that matter?

And when were you? Your netcopping started this whole silly mess.

But a gentle hint: even rudimentary social skills outweigh advanced
newsgroup skills.

John

Dark Matter has never had any rudimentary social skills.

Is this him again?

John

They both have the same fixed IP address.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida