Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default Tesla coil construction - WinderSecSpark.jpg (0/1)

On Sat, 26 May 2007 13:53:52 -0700, JackShepherd
wrote:

On Sat, 26 May 2007 22:48:17 +0200, Fred Bartoli
fred._canxxxel_this_bartoli@RemoveThatAlso_free. fr_AndThisToo wrote:

John Larkin a écrit :
On Sat, 26 May 2007 22:27:04 +0200, Fred Bartoli
r_AndThisToo wrote:

Hi John,
I tried to make sense of all the info present of the pictures to guess
what this could be but...
not much success.

What's that?

It's a sampling head from an Iwatsu 12 GHz sampling oscilloscope,
basically a 30 ps sample-and-hold. The little pill package all glopped
with solder is the SRD that generates the sampling impulse. The
sampler itself is most likely a dual schottky diode half-bridge.

Indeed, and suddenly all makes perfect sense. Why didn't I think of this?

I collect old sampling heads, among other weird things.

This should've given me a clue.

I'd post more
pics, of other heads, but Mr Shepherd might get upset.

I sure wouldn't mind that you upset him :-)

Would you mind if *I* expanded your depth of knowledge of Usenet binary
groups?

There are SEVERAL groups where this would be better posted.

alt.binaries.misc is one, but alt.binaries.pictures.misc is better.

Perhaps we should make a new group called
alt.binaries.pictures.electronic

Would that then give you dopes a better warm fuzzy feeling for me?
Not that I am seeking one, but jeez, dudes, you guys could sure use a bit
of help expanding your years old basic groups list.

Gosh, Jack, it's sure a good thing that you don't matter.

John