Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Popelish John Popelish is offline

Default SMT layout for multi capacitor bypass

Phil Hobbs wrote:
(snip)
The thing was, I thought I had it right at the time--the power plane was
split, half being the noisy-12V and half the quiet-11.3V from the cap
multiplier. All the analog stuff was routed on top of the ground plane
or over the quiet supply plane, except for that one lonely 0.7 mm square
pad.

What a story. This is the kind of thing that causes me to
put up screen wall paper of any layout in progress, so when
my mind is blank, my subconscious can wonder over the layout
and raise red flags. By the time the board is produced, I
have no need of either a schematic or a layout diagram. I
am familiar with every trace.

Of course, it means that the layout people get sick of
hearing from me about details.