Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default Learning aid - OhmsLaw.pdf

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 13:26:08 -0700, SuperM
SuperM@ssiveBlackHoleAtTheCenterOfTheMilkyWayGala xy.org wrote:

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 10:33:51 -0700, John Larkin
Gave us:

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 07:51:50 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 07:06:35 -0700, SuperM
SuperM@ssiveBlackHoleAtTheCenterOfTheMilkyWayG alaxy.org wrote:

On Sat, 28 Apr 2007 09:40:37 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
Gave us:

BTW, your file won't open with Acrobat 5, so I took the liberty of
adjusting it so it does (attached).

Nobody that uses adobe to read a pdf uses a reader as old as 5
anymore, except for complete idiots.

Sure they do. Acrobat 7 is a fat-laden pile of crap. I only keep it
around for when someone posts from that version.

Anything I post generally comes from Acrobat 4... thus ANYONE can read
it.

...Jim Thompson

Use cutepdf to make'em, and foxit reader to display'em. Both are free,
and you'll be amazed at how clean and fast they are, if you're used to
the flakey, bloated Adobe crap. I keep Adobe Reader 8 around just for
the rare case that something exotic is present.

John

The readers are not bloated (like your head is). The authoring tools
MIGHT be argued as being so, but full blown apps these days typically
are, and anyone that uses modern, up to date tools knows this simple,
basic fact.

The setup file for Acrobat Reader 8 is 20.8 megabytes, a pretty
serious download. The same thing for Foxit Reader is 1.66 megabytes.

Foxit displays a pdf instantly; it's startling to anybody who is used
to the Acrocrap Reader. And it doesn't lock up itself or a broswser or
Windows, which the Adobe stuff does all the time.

You guys MIGHT be smart, but you take more time than the military
bureaucracy does catching up with the rest of the world.

It's the Adobe crap that's old and creaky.

Cutepdf is amazing. It acts like a printer driver and makes pdf's so
fast that at first you think it's not working; it's done as soon as
you click "print." And it's free.

John