Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Ian[_2_] Ian[_2_] is offline

Default jewelry

"John Larkin" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 23:38:20 -0700, MassiveProng
wrote:

On 15 Apr 2007 03:44:43 GMT, jasen Gave us:

three feet onto a down cushion coulde be 3 to 4 gees,

Wrong.

but is
likely more,

Retarded, and wrong.

For Pete's sake, do the math.

John

Fortunately I'm not seeing some of these posts.

Boring Old Fart Anecdote: once upon a time I did some stuff in consumer
electronics. The Environmental Testing was not what you might expect -
as well as the usual chamber stuff, we had other needs:
we had the "US baggage handler test" which involved our biggest, strongest
guy and a concrete corridor and wall. The "Acceptance test" was to take the
equipment to -20C (-30C? I forget) overnight, then the equipment must "work"
to an acceptable level within 30 minutes in an "office" type environment.

It actually makes sense, once you realise trucking conditions in the US
(before GW ;-) and how pallettes were "accepted" by the (what do you call
them
these days?) franchises/stores. They pull one off the pallette, take it into
the
showroom, plug it in and it _has_ to work or the shipment gets rejected.

I also saw (what I thought was interesting a bit of kit that came back
under
warranty (in a washing machine box).

"We" (ie the company) tested to what "we" thought would be reasonable in
a Consumer Environment. 800G. No failures.

Torn to pieces.

Regards
Ian