Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John  Larkin is offline

Default Mexifornian Driver License - mexifornia.jpg

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:22:54 GMT, "Jon Slaughter"
wrote:

"John Larkin" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 19:46:15 GMT, "Jon Slaughter"
wrote:

In any case. I suppose its people like you that perpetuate the problem.
wonder how your kids will feel about it in 50 years when they see there
kids
lifes are going to be totally destroyed. Ofcourse what do you care about
your grandkids futures?

My wife's grandfather was an illegal immigrant from Ireland. Twice,
actually; they kicked him out the first time he jumped ship, so he
changed his name and did it again. He was a rather gifted
mathematician, but, being Irish, was an undesirable. The guy who does
our pcb layout and mechanical design is Mexican, and I've never seen
anyone with his talent for placement and routing and power pours. We
let him lay out the boards, and then we design our FPGAs around his
pinouts. The boards are plain beautiful.

We are in fact ripping off Mexico (and India, and some other places,
like we ripped off Ireland and Italy and others in the past) by
swiping their brightest and most ambitious people. That's how people
like you and me came to be born here.

And who's fault is that? Do you realize that if these gifted people stayed
in their own country that maybe it would be a better place?

I thought I made that point.

Their not going
to do that because they don't want to make the sacrifice.

Theres a huge difference between people comming over now and our ancestors
who came over. Our ancestors fault and sacrified there lives for there
freedom. These people who come over now don't. Tens of thousands also died
for our freedom in the world wars and you, me, and the rest of us are living
off that. The illegal mexicans are not.

What happens is you have something similar to positive feedback... and you
of most people should recognize this. Its not just americas fault but also
the people who choose to come here.

There's that sort of positive feedback within the US, too. I came to
California from Louisiana, to be where the action is, and to see if I
was good enough to compete with the pros. Louisiana suffers form
centuries of brain drain, as does a lot of small, poor countries.

I'm not so much against legal immigration though than I am against illegal
immigration. You are completely missing the point because you are trying to
confuse the issue with legal immigration. My mexican friend is legal and I
have no issues with him being here. But illegal immigration is a huge
difference. The problems come from that. I'm sorry if they want to have a
better life but they need to fix the problem themselfs instead of dragging
me down with them.

How are immigrants dragging you down?

John