Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Tom Del Rosso Tom Del Rosso is offline

Default Fuji Finepix S5200 test shot - J2.jpg

"Anthony Fremont" wrote in message

They have a "Sat Buddy" or something like that, no display just a
speaker. They hook it to the LNB and move the dish around. It beeps
as they point it. They basically seem to center it between the
extremes that it loses lock at. Pretty simple IMO. I'd prefer a
meter of some kind, but it seems to work alright. Surprisingly (or
not) these guys know very little about how any of this stuff works.

These most certainly don't work in all weather conditions. The kinds
of rains we have here in houston really seem to knock them out for a
while sometimes. But it can come down at rates of 8"/hour. I'm sure
DM won't believe that either.

If those small receivers had a test point for a meter (and maybe they do)
you could probably make it a lot more reliable.

Most of the microwave links I've done were for Nextel cellular. I asked my
boss why their engineers can't do it themselves. He said they would just
move the dish until the alarm goes off. That's what the Sat Buddy sounds
like.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.