Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Anthony Fremont Anthony Fremont is offline

Default A toast to toasting... - me.jpg

Anthony Fremont wrote:
Meat Plow wrote:

I own an 02 XL1200C like this one without the windscreen and rack
behind the backrest and the Screamin Eagle pipes and airf ilter
cover. Did have the stock pipes drilled and the carb jetted tho and
it's got a real beefy tone. I'm not a fan of straight pipes on a 1200
motor. Put them on an 88 and up CUI and they're the bomb.

http://www.gokartracing.org/images/X...IRES/RSIDE.JPG

Pretty sweet, better take that windshield off before you get addicted
to it. Here's a pic of mine taken back in 2001 right after a flood,
but that's another life story. ;-) I have since pulled the rack
off, changed to a solo seat and have a pair of 11" Progressive 440's
on the back. Really changed the look allot. Exposing so much of the
rear fender really makes it look old school now. This was on July 4
2001, a few months before I wrecked it. The wreck hardly hurt the
bike other than ruining the wheels (struck median). It went down on
the right side and didn't hurt the paint or engine at all. The
handlebars, foot peg, foot brake lever, rear muffler and rear shock
mount kept everything else off the pavement. Not a scratch on the
paint. Smashed rear turn light and mount, scraped muffler, broke
brake lever, very slight bend in handlebars. Fixed it all myself to
keep the insurance company from finding out. If I'd have known that
the rear wheel was bent too, I probably would have made a claim, but
it only cost me about $400 to fix it. Wheels from e-bay (front from
a dyna, rear from a "hog" hope it's not slowing me down ;-). Gotta
love that interchangability. ;-) Got the lever, and grip for free at
the stealer from take-offs.
I'll try and take another pic showing the solo seat and shorter
shocks.

Sorry, I got carried away bragging about _my_ "MassiveProng" and forgot to
tell you that it's a 97 (ten years old this month in fact). Drag pipes like
yours look good. Taking out the cross-over tube looks good, but it costs
you some power. I also jetted mine, K&N air filter and Screamin' Eagle
slip-ons, wow what a difference. They're starting to get pretty loud in
their old age. I really like the look of street sweepers, but they don't
match the style of my bike at all. I'm thinking about adding a jockey-shift
though.