Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
MassiveProng MassiveProng is offline

Default My Massive Tube! (FPD) Warning 401kB - BigScreen.jpg

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 09:15:15 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

I maintain scores of pcs, drive failures are common in "my little circle".
I'm not just talking "dead" drives, but ones that develop bad sectors
visible to the OS. Look at your system logs in xp for any "disk" errors.
They'll show up there and xp won't say a thing about it other than that.
It'll just keep on retrying the same dead sectors, it's pitiful.

That makes me even more glad to be running Vista then.

Also, you still using FAT32?!

AFAIK NTFS drives don't have the same problems, and the hard drive
itself is supposed to map out bad sectors automatically, and
transparently on a well designed and manufactured drive.