Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Anthony Fremont Anthony Fremont is offline

Default My Massive Tube! (FPD) Warning 401kB - BigScreen.jpg

MassiveProng wrote:
On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 21:40:20 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

It looks fine as a PC display. The MythTV machine is running an
FX5200 as the video card on DVI out using a DVI/HDMI convertor.
Nothing stunning I know, but they accelerate video playback as well
as a more expensive card. Don't need a high end card for home
theater machine. Good openGL support is nice for the animations
during music playback.

When and if you ever go with HD DVD or BluRay (BluTurd) you will
need a better card... an HDCP compliant one at that. Sorry. Just
the facts, man.

First I'll need a drive capable of reading them, then I'll need some
HD-DVDs, and then I'll upgrade to a better video card when needed. If I
can't get them to work with Linux, I'll probably just use a stand-alone
player.

The good thing is... you won't be disappointed. They do HDTV modes
better than you think, and far better than that 5200.

The 5200 does a fine job of producing a native 1280x720 picture on the
projector and accelerating my current video playback. Now maybe when I have
a 1920x1280 projector, I'll need a better card.