Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Anthony Fremont Anthony Fremont is offline

Default My Massive Tube! (FPD) Warning 401kB - BigScreen.jpg

MassiveProng wrote:
On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 09:10:51 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
Gave us:

I'm not to keen on LCD myself. The light leakage and poor black
levels aren't too cool. The color banding blows too. I wish the
manufacturers would just stop lying and admit that they can't even
accomplish true 24 bit color yet. If you can see banding, then it
aint 24 bit.

No, I was referring to a new technology where they used DLP mirror
arrays, but illuminate with LED light instead of color wheel crap.

Oh ok. I honestly can't see the industry letting go of the $400 replacement
bulb gravy train they've got going now. What do you want to bet that
whatever they come up with will require some kind of consumable. They'll
run the LEDs on the verge of self-destruction and let the power company take
care of the rest. I have good UPS's on my stuff.

The color wheel does ok, faster and more segments would eliminate the
rainbows. There has to be a point that you just can't see them anymore.
Some manufacturers are using color wheels with six different colors instead
of three.