Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default My Massive Tube! (FPD) Warning 401kB - BigScreen.jpg

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 18:33:41 -0500, "Anthony Fremont"
wrote:

MassiveProng wrote:
Here it is, dip****.

Miles above you.

I could post a picture of my screen, but it's not hard to visualize. It's a
4'x7' piece of sheetrock. The picture looks allot like yours, only an order
of magnitude larger. Now that's massive. :-)

I'm telling you, you should really check out the HD1000 by Mitsubishi, it
kicks major ass for the money. Just read some customer reviews anywhere,
they're all the same. It's jaw dropping, I mean it. I couldn't hardly get
the satellite guys to leave, I had to just turn it off. ;-)

You're wrong about the mirrors not being fast enough for fast action. The
only problem is with rainbow effects for those who see them (and I do, but
I'm highly sensitive to monitor flicker too). I only see them when the
scene is dark with bright spots, and usually when moving my head sideways.
It's a color wheel issue, the newer double speed wheels apparently help
allot, but some still see the effects. They're not that annoying to me (and
believe me I annoy easily) so I can live with them. Brightly lit scenes
(like NASCAR :-) are incredible, the Daytona 500 finish was worth the price
of the projector alone. Colors are very brilliant, some people say plasma
like, but I don't know if I'd go quite that far. I do know that in a dark
room even on low lamp mode, it's friggin bright, almost too bright. Way
better black levels than LCD, good flesh tones too. No affiliation, yada
yada, just majorly impressed.

DLP? Consumer Reports recently gave it the thumbs up.

And a gross of thumb downs to "the prong"?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida