Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Windows XP Strikes Again - ErrorMsg.jpg

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 18:42:59 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Did an automatic "update" for Windows XP, re-booted, and got this
error message (see attachment).

Surfing, I get that it's some kind of help file, but I can't determine
what program is involved, or whether it's just Wimpows turning in the
screw a little further.

So far I haven't found any misbehavior.

Any ideas?

...Jim Thompson

Try this...

Rename HHCTRL.OCX to something else (say OLD_HHCTRL.OCX). Now see what
application(s) crashes.

That's the bad one (or one of them).

Another fix is to download a new copy of HHCTRL.OCX from MSFT. I think
it can be gotten through them. If not then there are a few places on
the web that also have it.