Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Lord Garth Lord Garth is offline

Default Windows XP Strikes Again - ErrorMsg.jpg

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Did an automatic "update" for Windows XP, re-booted, and got this
error message (see attachment).

Surfing, I get that it's some kind of help file, but I can't determine
what program is involved, or whether it's just Wimpows turning in the
screw a little further.

So far I haven't found any misbehavior.

Any ideas?

I always turn off automatic updates...mother Microsoft does not know what is
best.
I manually select what is necessary.

What happens in safe mode?

Run from a command prompt, 'SFC /scannow'. This will require the master CD.
The command verifies the critical files against the CD.

Increase the swap file size in control panel, system, advanced, performance,
settings
advances, virtual memory.