Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
john jardine john jardine is offline

Default Digital step generator

"John Larkin" wrote in message
[...]
Seems about 30% THD?.

Is that what you get with 16 amplitude levels spaced, presumably, at
16 even time intervals? I'd guess somewhat better than 30%; a square
wave is only 43. Possibly you could make a better sine wave if the
resistors weren't binary weighted. More math than I care to sign up
for!

I'd envisioned a clean triangle. (3rd harmonic at 1/3rd of primary).

We just did a homebrew 8-channel DDS waveform generator, with 16-bit
math and 14-bit dacs, 2048 point sine lookup table. Sinewaves look
pretty good.

John

Nice!.
Sounds like you've been disenchanted with the performance of the AD chips.