Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Oh my! Nostalgia!

joseph2k wrote:

And just what tubes were those? Of the about about 1000 failed tubes that i
have seen well over 95% were just filament / heater failures; and not one
broken envelope except for two mechanical shock victims.

I've seen horizontal output tubes where the glass melted when the
drive failed. It also destroyed the flyback transformer. A few of the
melted tubes had a hole in the glass, while others just softened and
shrank till they were touching the plates. Maybe a half dozen melted
tubes in 30 years.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell