Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Allison Robert Allison is offline

Default Table Saw Blade

SGM wrote:
A novice trying to find a 10" (or less) table saw blade with a 3/16
kerf. Only need 3/16" for special job making grooves. Don't want to deal
with dado (wobble or stacked) or making 2 passes/groove. Seems like there
should be a 3/16" blade available somewhere.
Any suggestions as to where I might buy such blade would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks..........

Ask around for a bent or warped blade. You could even bend or
warp one yourself. It may be hit and miss to get it to be
exactly 3/16, but I bet it wouldn't be too difficult. Kind of
like a homemade wobble dado.

I know I have a few blades that have developed a wobble that
causes a wider kerf, but I have never measured to find out how
wide it was exactly. I just put them in the use them as
frisbees or to build a clock pile.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.