Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default OT but DIY for banking

In message , Andy Hall writes
On 2007-08-04 17:31:14 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"

On 2007-08-04 00:30:35 +0100, Frank Erskine
said:

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 22:35:10 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
R D S wrote:
I have had every penny back from banks who have charged me for
defaulting in th elast 6 years. Im not getting into the fair/unfair
thing but I got my money back, and I am having the last laugh.
And we'll all laugh when they impose bank charges for those in
credit all the time.
I don't think I've ever paid 'bank charges' in some 40+ years,
apart
from perhaps for a duplicate copy of a statement (I've no
recollection why I wanted that!) about 40 years ago...
In reality, however, we all pay charges, albeit hidden, out of the
difference between borrowing and saving interest.
Not to mention the margin that they make out of the delay in cheque
processing.

Royal bank of Scotlang £5.01 billion half year, Barclays £4 billion
half
year. Obscene.

Profit is never obscene.

Excessive profit is, when there is no realistic alternative

--
geoff