Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT but DIY for banking

In article ,
R D S wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article , R D S
wrote:
I have had every penny back from banks who have charged me for
defaulting in th elast 6 years. Im not getting into the fair/unfair
thing but I got my money back, and I am having the last laugh.

And we'll all laugh when they impose bank charges for those in credit
all the time.

Its fair enough, they provide a service and it needs to be paid for. I
have no problem for paying for banking, after all I use a lot of the
services the bank offers.

They get their income from the money you effectively lend them for free.

Why I, or anyone else should expect that for free is beyond me,
especially if paid for by those with less.

While actually charging a penalty for going overdrawn is wrong reasonable
charges ain't - unless you expect others to subsidise this. Living beyond
your means on short term credit always ends in tears.

--
*No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver,purple

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.