Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

Default Sears Craftsman Lawnmower Breaks on Third Use

On Aug 3, 8:36?pm, wrote:
I recently purchased a Sears Craftsman 19" Electric Lawnmower (the
type with a cord). On its third use (my son was mowing), the blade
hit a root and tore into the plastic housing, stuck there and stopped.

Is this type of disaster eligible for warranty repair? It seems
pretty poor design if a small irregularity like a root could cause
this kind of damage.

South Carolina mom

Son is a teenager? I'm glad it was root and plastic casing, not foot
and plastic surgeon. Kind of like driving, it just takes continuous
attention, which young people are not wired for IMHO. I'd bet Sears
will make you whole, one way or another- perhaps store credit toward
a better mower.