Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] lukeborn@yahoo.com is offline

Default Cannot make the CO/Smoke detector stop beeping.

On Aug 2, 10:04 pm, wrote:
Hi,

We have a Kiddie KN-COSM-1B smoke detector. Of the past few months
since the basement rebuild we have slowly been replacing our old
hardwired alarms with the Kiddie models. The Kiddie model has CO/Smoke
detector built in. They are apporximately $50 at HD each.

Today I went to replace the third smoke alarm near the attic room,
when all the alarms went off. I removed the new alarm, but could not
get it to stop beeping and saying "Fire, Fire." I can only shut it up
by taking the battery up. When I put the battery back in it continues
to beep. At this point it is not connected to any AC, just the
battery. This happens will all 3 of the Kiddie alarms. The last
remaining regular AC alarm is not beeping or making any noise.

Would could be wrong, how can I shut the alarms up and put them back?
The batteries are new, as are the detectors.

Thanks!

George,

When I moved into my 1950 something house I wire for interlinked smoke
detectors and I to used kiddie as that was what the company I worked
for used and I assumed it was good, since we put them in a $16mil
home. But what I noticed was that at random times ex. in the middle
of the night, in the middle of a movie, when guests where over... you
know the good times it would just randomly tell me of a fire. This
became a huge nuisance so I decided to remove them one by one to see
if I could locate the bad one, but I guess there wasn't a bad one
there was 5 bad ones. My solution I found was to replace every last
one of them with firex brand smokies and poof fixed. Bottom line I
lost lots of hours of sleep being scared out of bed for a faulty
product that they wouldn't say was bad.

-Lucas
Lucas Electric, LLC

If I had six hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend the first four hours
sharpening the axe. - Abe Lincoln