Posted to alt.home.repair
Ignoramus2331 Ignoramus2331 is offline

Default NEC question -- can a circuit have both 220v and 110v outlets

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 16:10:13 GMT, Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Ignoramus2331 wrote:
On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 15:56:47 GMT, Doug Miller wrote:

Electrically, it depends on the conduit and the type of wire. For most
combinations of the two, you're good, but (for example) with type RHH or RHW
wire in Sched. 80 rigid PVC conduit, you're limited to two 12ga conductors
total. Obviously if there are other wires there already, you need to take that
into account as well when calculating the conduit capacity.

Physically, you may find it awkward to pull three conductors through 1/2
conduit, especially if there are already conductors in it.

Well, I would pull out the existing wires and pull new ones in. It is
not that long. Just one bend from the panel. My conduit is steel.

Rigid or flexible? Thickwall, intermediate, or thinwall? What type of
conductors?

thinwall, rigid, 12 gauge THHN