Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default NEC question -- can a circuit have both 220v and 110v outlets

In article , Ignoramus2331 wrote:
On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 15:49:42 GMT, Doug Miller wrote:
In article , Ignoramus2331

wrote:

Also, on the same circuit, outside the basement wall, I want to add
outdoor receptacles (110v and 220v) for my pool's pump. It would be
GFCI protected and I will use outdoor rared hardware.

Now *that* part is a potential problem.You'll want to split the multiwire
circuit into two separate 120V circuits on the LINE (input) side of the GFCI,

or use a double-pole GFCI breaker. Those aren't cheap.

I would do the former (protect the outdoor outlets with an outlet
GFCI, separate GFCI for 110v and 220v outlets).

The above mentioned pump runs a water slide on my inflatable round
pool, which also doubles as a water filter.

Good reason for using GFCIs. But why the same circuit?

All slots taken on the panel.

Half-height breakers are a good solution to that, if your panel supports them.

--
Regards,