Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Glue Test In Fine WoodWorking

Thu, Aug 2, 2007, 9:47am (EDT-3)
(Steve*knight) doth sayeth:
I have used a lot of gorilla glue myself. mainly because of all of the
oily woods I use. I have not used epoxy because of the hassle and that
it needs to be applied to both sides. but I tested glues and gorilla
glued ipe and other oily woods far better then yellow glue did.
**surface prep made a big difference.
**from the arguments on these tests no clamps were used so that
really can screw up the results.

Nope, no clamps. I dunno Steve, I think you might want to look
over the article. I didn't see the article itself on-line, didn't
bother looking either, but the magazine article says there's videos on
the testing on-line.

Surfaces prepped according to manufacture suggestions.

JOAT
I do things I don't know how to do, so that I might learn how to do
them.
- Picasso