Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Harbor Freight sells GARBAGE

On Aug 1, 1:31 am, wrote:
Harbor Freight sells GARBAGE tools. Unless you enjoy tossing money in
the garbage, DO NOT buy from them.

Blanket condemnation like that doesn't make sense.
The answer is probably 'yes'. Some of it might be junky.
But when you (we) buy 'anything' we must use our knowledge and
judgment of what it will be used for, how often, how heavily and how
much we are willing to pay.
For example:
We have an commercial 230 volt electric drill purchased in 1953. Works
fine, electric cord still good, the Jacobs chuck is strong etc. Built
a couple of houses with it but otherwise its received fairly light
use. But it cost, even back then a weeks salary.
Recently my son gave me a dandy little lightweight electric
screwdriver (about 10 bucks) for taking screws out of radios. Light
usage I'd guess and if it lasts five years will be satisfied.
So you gotta know what you are buying; and talking about!