Posted to rec.woodworking
Charley Charley is offline

Default Three Phase Pugmill

Static phase converters aren't designed to handle multiple motors very well.
A rotary phase converter will be better suited for the job, but can be quite
expensive. Probably the first thing that you should do is to price
replacement motors and then decide whether new motors or a rotary phase
converter is the best option. Of course, if you go with a phase converter,
then you will be able to acquire additional 3 phase equipment and run one of
them at a time.

Charley

"C. A. Sanger" wrote in message
Hi! I'm a potter who acquired a used deairing pugmill designed for
three phase power, which I don't have and don't plan to get. Can a
static converter succesfully run it on 220? Or should I switch out the
motor to run on ordinary house current? If needed, I can post HP,
model, etc. of the machine. It has two motors, one to turn the two
screws to mix the clay, and one to run the vacuam. Thanks! Sparfish
Studio