Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default Ceiling lights in 2009?

"Andy McKenzie" wrote in message

"Anita Palley" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 2 Aug, 09:52, ian wrote:
I'm planning a new kitchen and bathroom, and intended embedding

mini
spotlights in the ceilings. However, someone pointed out that we

will
all be forced to go green in a couple of years, and will only be

able to
buy energy- efficient bulbs from then on. I doubt you will find
energy-efficient mini spots (even if they exist, they will be too

big to
fit in the fitting), so what happens then?

--
Ian

By 2009 they will have gone out of fashion anyway, and will be

heading
for avocado bathroom suite status.

Avacado will probably be back in by then

Andy

No, by 2009 they will have realised that the mercury in energy
efficient bulbs is a pollutant and will have banned them all, along
with the incandescent ones, so we will be back to reeds dipped in lamb
fat !

AWEM