Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Gordon Dave Gordon is offline

Default Glue Test In Fine WoodWorking

"J T" wrote in message
I stopped subscribing to it a long time ago; now the only
woodworking magazine I receive is WoodenBoat. But, when I see a copy of
FWW on the rack I usually thumb thru it, and rarely buy one.

The Aug 07 issue is one I bought. They have a number of articles
I'm interested in this time, and a very interesting article about
testing glues.

There were three woods involved: white Oak, hard maple, ipe (ipe
used instead of teak, because the lumberyard owner hears many complaints
about glue failure with it). remainder snipped

If you can stifle your groans at the mention of His name, but is that why the Normster uses acetone on
teak just before gluing it up?