Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Enco vs. KBC

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 15:49:03 -0500, Louis Ohland
wrote:

Leon Fisk wrote:
Makes me think of the one time I was at the bakery in Lititz, PA. Fresh
pretzels straight from their brick ovens with sweet honey mustard... As
Homer would say "Mmm, pretzels!" munch, munch, munch...

If you like snacks similar to these, that is a decent enough
price (local store is $2.69 10oz bag). They have a few other
flavors, the Honey Mustard Onion pieces are excellent too
(NOT the nibblers, too dry, ack-phooey!).

I'm going to be in deep doo-doo if they ever stop making
these, staple food, washed down with a brewski, burp...

But Leon, to eat the dry pretzel is somewhat like american beer compared
to German beer (not the Heineken exported to the US). Like making love
in a canoe, is it not?

Once you go with a soft, hot pretzel, you can never go back... The
problem I have is finding soft, hot pretzels and beer where I don't have
to drive home. Otherwise, the Essenhaus in Madison, WI would be a good
place to go.

If you haven't tried these type of pretzels yet, there isn't
anything else like them... Most of the good/bigger grocery
stores carry them.

I've been/toured Capital Brewery some years ago. They were
located in Middleton I believe? They still around? Answered
my own question, google found their website:

http://www.capital-brewery.com/ourbeers/index.html

Damn that Dark Doppelbock sounds good. I shouldn't have
looked... I'm pretty sure I brought some of that home with
me to enjoy, good stuff! There just isn't anything like
fresh brew right from the source. Even the worst stuff they
make beats any of the best mega-brews.

I have to settle for mega-brew nowadays. I just don't have
the budget to throw at the yummy stuff right now. Sigh...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b