Al Dykes

Default OT- Blood pressure monitors?

In article ,
Gunner wrote:
I have to purchase a blood pressure monitor for my wife. She has to
be able to use it by herself. There is a wide variety of styles (and
prices)

Im looking for some input as to the best bang for my buck. Ebay is
probably where I will purchase one, but there are so many types I dont
quite know where to start. Ive already done a bit of websearching, and
read the few reviews I could find, but none were particularly helpful,
nor was there a free "consumers report" site with any information
other than sales propaganda.

Anyone have any recommendations? Are the automatic wrist types
accurate enough for home use? While Im comfortable using the old bulb
and stethescope units, she is not, so something either fully automatic
or manually inflated, automatic read is what I have to get.
I do know the finger style is not particularly accurate, and she does
have reduced circulation due to her medical conditions.

Thanks in advance

I've purchased a BPM from Radio Shack ($50) with no great
expectations. I brought it with me to the next visit to the doctor.
We compared measurements with his cuff and find it's within a couple
percent, and acceptable.

I have real thick wrists (I always have to special-order wrist watch
straps.) On the right wrist these sensor missed the artery. At the
Doc's suggestion to put it on the left wrist, swapped around so the
numbers on the display are upside down. This positions the sensor over
the artery. Your wife probably won't have the wrist problem.

--
Al Dykes