Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Question for ex military types

wrote in message
ups.com...
This was an acceptable question to me considering the people in this
group. My father was in the Navy so I could look up his ship in the
records. It wasn't nearly as interesting as the few stories he told me
but it was 40 years after the war before he was willing to talk about
it and I'm sure he left out any realy bad things. Just ask your
questions and the people who know the answer will help and others will
complain. I wouldn't worry about it. The good answers out weigh the
negative because the usualy know what they're talking about.
Karl

Grant just hit a nerve with me, which was what he was trying to do. He has
some undercurrent of feelings towards me, and this is not the first time I
have gotten jibes from him. He's just an old putrid bucket of turtle bile,
and now I have put him on total ignore.

With all the OT BS that is posted in this group, it is sadly amusing that
ANYONE would take my question in the wrong way.

I'm learning to ignore more and more of the BS here, and just talk to
reasonable people about metalworking, and (OMG) occasional OT discussions
about this and that. Just as I would at a campfire or lunch counter.

Yes, the world is screwed up. Yes, Bush isn't our best president ever.
Yes, thing are just not right. Cope, people. You're adults. This place
should be our refuge and sanctuary, not our litterbox.

Steve, who's off to do some metalworking projects today.