Posted to alt.home.repair
benick benick is offline

Default Attaching sheet rock

"The Reverend Natural Light" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 29, 6:21 pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
When you attach sheet rock do you attach it horizontally or vertically?

Do neither. Hire someone to install and finish the drywall unless it
is an activity that you really want to do. It will cost the same and
take much more time to do it yourself.

That said, I vote for staggered horizontal because it minimizes
repeating patterns, which are easily recognized.

I can't believe the folks that still stand up sheetrock. Would you put
plywood vertically on the exterior? Would you run your Advantec with the
floor joists? The answers are no of course because it's not structually
sound.Same with sheetrock. It also hides irregularities(bowed or twisted
studs,ect.) better.4X12 sheets run horizontally is best unless it's steele
studs.