Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default When is rewiring necessary?

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 22:13:46 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
mused:

"Lurch" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:38:59 +0100, "Mary Fisher"

It happened to us, many years ago.

You may have been conned, or the wiring may have been actually
condemable.

We weren't conned, the regs said that you couldn't have two and three pin
power points in the same room.

Well there you go then, condemnable. 'Not right' doesn't equate to
'condemned'.

We were told to have the wiring redone in accordance with the regs, it would
be examined and condemned if not done according to regs. It was back in the
1960s but it seems to me that regulations have increased rather than
decreased over the years, I've known a pensioner be left with no heating or
hot water because of a fault with her boiler - this by a government scheme.

But there's no point in continuing this because nobody's going to take any
notice of my experiences - as if I cared :-)

Mary
--
Regards,
Stuart.