Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] timtrue@att.net is offline

Default Briggs Stratton 4HP high idle speed

I found the message I pasted below on this group a few days ago. I had
this exact same problem with the same motor (10A902) 4HP. after
reading all the replies I went and replaced the diaphragm. The mower
now has a steady idle but it is much much higher than it was before.
The mower also seems to run twice as loud as it used to. What do I do
to fix this problem.

Tim

CanadianCowboy

My briggs and Strattan mover was working fine up until I ran it dry
using every drop of gas. The next time I used the mover it runs
rough
with RPM's going up and down but never stalling.
Is there a block in the carberator from the garbage at the bottom of
the
tank ? Do I have to take it apart and clean ?

Any help would be appreciated !!