Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rewire 220v to 110v Color question

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
et...
In article .net,

SparkyGuy wrote:
It looks like you've got lots of help with your question about wire

color.

I presume that the 220v circuit was protected with a 30A breaker, or

such? Be
sure to replace that with an appropriate-sized breaker for your new

outlet.
If it's a 20A or 15A receptacle, use a proper breaker of that rating for

the
re-purposed circuit.

Irrelevant -- if he truly does not have a bare wire, he cannot make a
Code-compliant installation with this cable. Period.

Since this post began I have read 250.119 twice. I see no specific
limitation on taping the red wire green regardless of the size. In fact
250.119(B) specifically permits it under qualified supervision