Posted to rec.woodworking
foggytown foggytown is offline

Default Screws vs dowels

On Jul 31, 3:28?pm, "Wade Lippman" wrote:
Let's see...anyone else you want to add to the list of woodworking idiots?
We've already got Maloof and Stickley. Wanna add Krenov and Klausz just
to round it out? You know, Klausz uses *gasp* white glue to assemble his
furniture. What a moron!

They are hardly idiots! They make mismatched furniture and convince you it
is fabulous.
But all this is just a fun tangent.

Arts and Crafts simply doesn't feature conspicuous plugs. The fact that
Maloof might use them in some circumstances is hardly authorization for the
rest of us to disregard what looks good.

So you are presuming to speak for everybody on this subject? Tell me,
how do I feel about Iraq? Pickup trucks?

Large natural emeralds are worth many times the value of large synthetic
emeralds. You know how you tell them apart? By examining them under
microscopes. If you can find a defect, however small, they are natural; if
perfect, synthetic. Otherwise they are indestinquishable. That makes a lot
of sense. Naturally, they are working to put defects in sythetic stones, so new tests
are being developed.

What in God's name are you babbling about?

FoggyTown