Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brent Brent is offline

Default Enco vs. KBC

On Jul 31, 9:30 am, Louis Ohland wrote:
Not being sarcastic, but I was unaware that Canada has much
industrial capacity for turning out manufactured goods. I know Canada
exports wheat, timber, Red Green Show, and bad beer.

Open my eyes to decent Canadian tool makers.

On a related note, I cannot see why it is impossible for continental
american machinery manufacturers to compete with the pac rim
manufacturers, except for the unfortunate existence of punitive government.

Brent wrote:
the only think i waish is that they had a few more "flags" If i cant
buy Canadian or American i'd LIKE to buy tools for the G7 if possible
before i buy a chinese tool. I am the type o person who WILL pay a
premium for "made in canada" but admittedly there IS a limit, i wont
pay double for the same thing to the same fit and finish

And before i forget Tennsmith Make Sheet Metal tools in windsor
Excello Made mills in London
And Standard Modern makes lathes in missisauga

Bombardier/CanAm are a HUGE manufacturer once you figure in the Rail
and Aviation Division but also the Bombardier/CanAm Atv's and they are
all Canadian