Posted to alt.home.repair
Just Joshin Just Joshin is offline

Default insulation question

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 16:13:47 GMT, "Ivan Vegvary"
wrote:

I am digging out my crawl space. Want to insulate between the floor joists.
The joists are 2x6's 24 inches on center. In many places I will be
'sistering' another 2x6 along side. What do you do in these oddball spaces.
Do you trim the 22"± insulation to size or do you just cram it in.

Also, since I am doing it from beneath, what are my alternatives for holding
the insulation in place. I would like to use paper-backed and will be
installing it 'paper-up' preventing me from using a stapler.

All ideas and criticisms welcome!!

Ivan Vegvary

vapor barrior towards towards the heated side. Job job.

There are straight peices of wire, that jams between the joists. I've
seen them at HD.

Note while spending time down there, think about installing a ground
covered vapor barriar too.

imho,

tom @ www.FreelancingProjects.com