Posted to alt.home.repair
Noozer Noozer is offline

Default Update to: What could have done this to my vinyl siding? *URGENT*

For the same reason that chemicals applied to the outside of the siding
could sit there dormant, through rain and snow, and suddenly cause the vinyl
to warp.

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
So,,, this aledged wire that is 150 degrees? Why is it hot and why
hasn't it tripped a breaker? And why hasn't the insulation melted off of
it in the exposed fixtures the OP has shown?

steve

"Noozer" wrote in message

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
how the HELL is a wire going to get hot enough to melt vinyl, but not
burn the wood between the wire and the vinyl???? Jeeeeze you people...

So... The sun beating down on the house at 100+ degrees, a hot wire in
the wall also pumping out say 150+ degrees... Vinyl will melt, but wood
won't char.

For the time and cost to open up the wall, I'd do it to be sure.