Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy Asberry Andy Asberry is offline

Default Update to: What could have done this to my vinyl siding?

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 18:08:34 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/Squisher/IMG_6627.JPG

Look at the bottom piece of vinyl, between the door and railing. That
piece also seems discolored (hard to tell), so I would guess it is not
the grill if the bottom piece is damaged..

All the more reason that I think it's due to the overspray of the stain and
the solvent the OP used to wipe it up.

I'm not a chemist so don't know what solvent would do to vinyl. The
part I'm missing from your theory is how did the solvent reach the
Tyvek?

--Andy Asberry--