Posted to rec.woodworking
todd todd is offline

Default Screws vs dowels

"Wade Lippman" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 29, 8:26 am, "Toller" wrote:
"FoggyTown" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jul 29, 3:15?am, "Toller" wrote:

I expect you are mistaken. They often have exposed tenons, but no
furniture
features conspicuous plugs or dowels. Are are are simply ugly.

I have quite a few pieces of Stickley which have, in addition to
exposed tenons, visible tenon-pin dowel ends, some of which are of
contrasting wood. Also some with visible dowel pins in corbels. All of
these dowel ends are prominent - no attempt was made to match grain.
It's a feature of A&C furniture.

Right, and poor handling is a feature of the Ford Focus I rented last
week.
All that matters is that you are happy with the poorly made furniture.

Let's see...anyone else you want to add to the list of woodworking idiots?
We've already got Maloof and Stickley. Wanna add Krenov and Klausz just to
round it out? You know, Klausz uses *gasp* white glue to assemble his
furniture. What a moron!

todd